Pages

Thursday, June 23, 2016

A Stain a day keeps the Makeup blues away

I love Makeup Stains. They are very versatile and can really save the day in a pinch. Sadly, not many of them are popular, especially for dark skin. I remember jumping on the (pricey) Benetint wagon years ago.


A proper lip and cheek tint is very liquid and transparent in texture. Most times, that doesn't translate well in dark skin (I could be wrong though).
Most of us are very familiar with liquid lipsticks, they're quite the rage. But did you know you could make them duplicate as a lip and cheek stain? Yup! It's not something I would do daily but if you've ever found yourself attending an event and rushing and forgettinf makeup items, start thinking of ways to make few items count.



You have to get the right colour and consistency. I've tried a few but I really like BMpro Liquid lipstick (rrp N4500) and the affordable Classic liquid lipstick (rrp N500) comes a distant 2nd. Jioney was a streaky, uneven-drying mess for me (why do people like it??).

Dab a few drops of your liquid stain on your cheeks and really blend it out before it sets and dries. Use the same colour on your lips and voila, a pretty flush on both lips and cheeks and no having to guess which blush matches what.




No comments:

Post a Comment