Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2013

Nicki Minaj

So I can confess to you that I don't listen  to La Nicki and you all won't kill me, abi? Goooood.

She does know how to package herself and sell her product well, and that's very important. Nicki also kinda made pastel lips wearable for black girls, she did define some trends with her outrageous hair and makeup. It was fun watching Nicki Minaj play with conventions of what a rapper/popstar should look like.

When I was asked to create looks for a magazine to celebrate Nigeria at 50 (we certainly don't act our age, do we), I wanted to show the playful, fun, fashionable side of Lagos. This was the final look of the day.
I know Khuraira cosmetics in Babydoll will give you a shade close to that, and ladies do remember, this is a pretty strong lip, so tone the rest of your makeup down. Unless of course, you're celebrating Nigeria at 55 (I'm not sure our current age), then in that case, woohoo! Break out the green eyeshadow to match!

For now, it's goodbye and stay pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I really enjoyed reading your blog. My friend Kem Gaul referred me to the blog. You can check me out on facebook...here's my FB ID- Aquiline Adaeze.
    I am just trying to grow my beauty business and I would love us to do business together. You seem to have a lot of experience. Well you can check out my page on facebook. Its www.facebook.com/TheHERABrand. I am also trying to blog about my business. ...theherabrand.wordpress.com
    Please keep in touch. Thank you very much and have an awesome week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, thanks. Will definitely look out for you on FB.

    ReplyDelete